Over my teaching career I have been fortunate to teach in schools with high populations of Indigenous students and to learn from the knowledge keepers and elders in the communities that our schools served. Admittedly, I haven’t always said or done the right things but I have learned from those mistakes. As a non-Indigenous educator, […]
Recent Blog Posts
- Progressing With Difficulty
- Toxic Positivity in a Brave New World
- Write On!
- Community Immunity!
- Deciding whether or not to make the switch…
- Unpacking the Invisible White Backpack in a Time of Black Lives Matter
- Engaging with Indigenous Knowledge as a Non-Indigenous Educator
- We didn’t “celebrate” Orange Shirt Day
- A Year in the Life: What does being actively engaged in your local look like?
- Commiserating With Others Over Their Technology Woes