I’ve never really been focused on grades in my classroom. Some educators and parents might find it shocking to read a teacher put that in print. However, what I mean is that I seldom talk to my students about levels and letter grades. I focus discussion around feedback, improvement, exemplars and success criteria. When rubrics were […]
Recent Blog Posts
- Toxic Positivity in a Brave New World
- Write On!
- Community Immunity!
- Deciding whether or not to make the switch…
- Unpacking the Invisible White Backpack in a Time of Black Lives Matter
- Engaging with Indigenous Knowledge as a Non-Indigenous Educator
- We didn’t “celebrate” Orange Shirt Day
- A Year in the Life: What does being actively engaged in your local look like?
- Commiserating With Others Over Their Technology Woes
- 10 Years In, and Out of My Depth