Those outside of the world of education may see June as the month that the school year ‘winds down’. Educators know that ‘winding down’ is not our reality come June. Comparable to September, June is the time where my mind races, I have 87 sticky notes everywhere between my car and my classroom, and not even 2 coffees seems to cut it anymore. June is an ongoing to-do list that seems to never end. Oftentimes, my list feels like a game of whack-a-mole…just as I am crossing off one task I am adding another to the list.
As we enter into the last month of the school year, I created a to-do list that includes my priorities for June 2022 (in no particular order):
- Vote in the provincial election
- Share resources with students and families that celebrate the 2SLGBTQIA+ community as we observe pride month
- Observe National Indigendous Peoples Day on June 21st and continue to recognize and use my privilege as an educator to advocate for positive change
- Think about how my DECE partner and I will honour all the hard work our students and their families have put into another extremely challenging school year
- Remain present with students as the days become busier and the weather becomes warmer
- Continue to foster a growth mindset with my students. Even though the school year is almost over – we will reflect on all we have learned as we wonder about the things we will learn next.
- Spend time with my dad on Father’s Day
- Celebrate with co-workers who are retiring after years of pouring their heart into a career in education
- Complete Term 2 Communication of Learning reports to reflect all of the wonderful accomplishments our students have achieved this school year
- Take care of myself. Breathe. Smile. Enjoy the journey!
What’s on your June to do list?
One thought on “My June To-Do List”